We organise school entrance examinations on behalf of Harrow School, Badminton School, Brighton College, Abingdon School and Bedford School, amongst others.
Other School Exams
Candidates should contact us?about your exam application at least two weeks before your desired exam date. Please note that our? opening hours are 9.00-17.00, Monday to Friday. The British Council China will close on these public holidays.
The deadline for registering your exams on our online system is seven to eight working days before the first exam date.
Candidates who require special arrangements are advised to register at least one week before the registration deadline.
Fees and terms of payment
Exam service fee:
With effect from 1 April 2018
1-5 candidates: RMB648 per exam paper/interview per candidate
6-25 candidates: RMB480 per exam paper/interview per candidate
26-99 candidates: RMB380 per exam paper/interview per candidate
100 or more candidates: RMB360 pere exam paper/interview per candidate
*Note：The fee above is VAT excluded,which includes venue hire,invigilation charges,secure storage of question papers and courier charges.
For all tests, test fee will be doubled if tests are arranged on public holidays in Mainland China.
Terms of payment
All the above fees can be paid by candidates in RMB through the British Council Exams Online System.?All fees must be paid no later than five working days before the test date.
Refund and cancellation
- Candidates may cancel bookings five working days before the exam and receive a refund of 50% of the local test fee. A written cancellation application is required.?
- For cancellations made within five working days of the exam, or for absence, there will be no test fee refund.?
- Sufficient evidence or explanation must be given at least five working days before the test date if cancellation is required. This evidence can be either in Chinese or English. Evidence can be a medical report or accident report (or similar), which should be issued by an authorised body. The report should include both the signature of the doctor or professional and stamp of the institution, and indicate that the situation stops the candidate from taking the exam on the scheduled date.
Entrance exams process
?1. Contact us:?Please contact us?about your exam application at least two weeks before your desired exam date. Please note that our ?opening hours are 9.00-17.00, Monday to Friday. The British Council China will close on these?public holidays.
2. Create an account:?Please?register for an account?and the system will send you a verification email for its activation. You can only apply for an exam once your account has been activated.?
3. Apply for an exam:?Log in to your account and enter the 'Apply for an Exam' page in order to enter your exam details.?
4. Check exam details:?You will receive a notification email if there is any change to your application status. You can check your exam details by clicking the 'Registration Record' tab.
5. Make payment:?You may make an online payment once you have received the notification indicating your application status as "Waiting for Payment”.?
6. Print the confirmation letter:?The system will remind you to print the confirmation letter once payment it confirmed. You can check the details of your exams in your confirmation letter.
On the test day
- Candidates should report to the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam.?
- Candidates must bring the same National ID or passport used at registration.
- Candidates can take writing instruments into the exam room. No mobile phones, books, dictionaries or papers are allowed.
Statement of results
- Candidates should contact the school to receive information on their exam results.
Candidates who require special arrangements are advised to contact us?at least one week before the registration deadline.